Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's been a long time...

It seems like forever since I've done a radio show or blogged here. Hell, I'm just getting around now to posting the playlist for a show I did TWO WEEKS AGO!!! I've been away, not because I wanted to be and I wish I could do more.

The 10/24 show was my first in two weeks, and it would be my last for another two weeks (and possibly counting but I sure as hell hope not). The couple of weeks in October I was unable to do shows because of reliable transportation, I wish I could but coordinating work schedules was bad enough, I wanted to be on the radio to play some loud classic music, but alas I couldn't. The last two weeks have been station related. The snow storm a couple weeks ago knocked around their equipment pretty good from what I understand and knocked both their FM signal and webcast out of commission. As of last night, the webcast is still down but the FM signal is up. I had a Halloween special all lined up but that was when the FM signal was off the air so doing a show was entirely out of the question. As for this week, I'll give it to you straight. I work third shift, and worked every day last week. Tonight (Tuesday) will be my 8th night out of a possible 9 nighs (Don't worry, it's my Friday and I get the next 2 nights off). I woke up 35 minutes before I usually leave the house for the radio station and took a pass on the entire process because after I do a two hour radio show I work for 9 hours. So this week didn't happen because I got a late start. I love my radio gig, but we all make mistakes and getting a late start is why I passed this week. The webcast is still down, so you wouldn't have been able to hear the show any way unless you were within 15-20 miles of the station.

With all that being said, I'm not really complaining about anything, just explaining and thinking aloud about the radio show and the lack of on air time I've been on lately. I wish I had the Krypt up 24/7 but that's for a later blog post which may come later today or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment