Sunday, January 6, 2013

Don't like your job? Have a hobby?

This may seem a bit harsh, but as they say, "truth hurts" & "love stinks".

I've noticed more and more people disliking their jobs these days (Maybe I'm just working with those types), I have two questions to solve this: Do you have a hobby? Can you get paid for said hobby?

Generally, your job is 40 hours a week, out of a possible 168. You sleep more than you work. I know people have more than one job and some work more than 40 a week at one job, but in general 40 is the standard and if you have two jobs, chances are you like one
If you have a hobby, can you get paid for it? If you can, congrats, you'll like your job a helluva a lot more than the job you have now.
That's all radio is for me, a hobby. I wish it was more, and I'm working on that because I like it. My main job (the one that pays the bills) is a priority, but not as much as you think. With 168 hours in a week, don't be bitter about those 40 hours you have at a job you don't like. Quit or do something productive with the other 128 hours you have in the week.

I know not everyone can be 100% happy, but don't let a small chunk of your life bring down the rest of it. Find a hobby, and if you can make a living (or even somewhat of a living) off of it, go for it. You'll be a happier person.

No comments:

Post a Comment