Monday, August 22, 2011

The End?

Happy Monday peeps (if that is at all possible)

Playlist will be up at some point today or tomorrow but this morning I got to thinking:

The end is soon for the FM show.

I always planned on the FM show (heard locally on the 110 watt blowtorch 89.7 WMHB in Waterville Maine) to be a starting point for a full 24 hour a day internet radio station.
With that being said, the FM show has been great. I'm having fun and I hope you are too in listening or reading this blog.

Here comes the BUT part

I don't think the FM show is helping in the long run. It's a hobby, meaning I'm not compensated in any way. The studio is 30 miles away. I can't load up my computer and play what I want to play whenever. I burn my material on to CDs, play their CDs and run other stuff, including songs, off their system. It's fun, but it takes more time then it should and I think all of us, me included, would have a more enjoyable time listening (and me running the thing) if I could do all this from my home studio, play by my own rules and call up whatever music I could instantly, rather than burn CDs and travel.

Don't take this as discouragement on my part at all. I love the radio show, and the potential for the internet station, but when you haven't heard from station management all summer and receive no promotion from their end, it's a little disheartening. I may have loyal fans that listen every week (Thank You BTW) and may be ranting for no reason, but I have no feedback from anyone beyond your typical "friends and family" group. I want Kent's Krypt to be something more. By hooking up with an internet streaming site and running the station under a different set of rules (rather than take the show on the road to speak from another station's studios) I think it will sound much better, and will be able to listen at your convenience rather than have a small broadcast window of 2 hours on a Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment